- Located in London's Bloomsbury neighborhood
- Houses a permanent collection of eight million works
- Covers two million years of human history and culture
This stunning museum is a treasure trove for history buffs. Dedicated to human history, art, and culture, exhibits range from from 'Life and sole: footwear from the Islamic world' to 'Celts: art and identity.' The museum is organized into 10 curated departments. It would take at least a full day to see them all. If you are going to be selective, the Ancient Egypt section is a highlight.
COVID-19 safety measures, hours, and updates
When you travel with Journy, your personal trip designer will provide up-to-date information on specific COVID-19 policies and considerations.
The four closest Tube stations to The British Museum are:
- Tottenham Court Road (Northern and Central Lines): 5-minute walk
- Holborn (Piccadilly and Central Lines): 7-minute walk
- Russell Square (Piccadilly Line): 7-minute walk
- Goodge Street (Northern Line): 8-minute walk
Fees & Booking Information
Get paired with an expert to plan your trip
No two Journy itineraries are the same since every single one is built with considerations for your preferred pace of travel, budget, dietary restrictions, interests, and so much more. Here’s how it works.
Share your travel preferences.
Get paired with an expert trip designer within 24 hrs.
Get your custom trip plan so you can take off stress-free.
Zach & Samantha's Japan Honeymoon
I found Journy after already getting an itinerary from a typical travel agency. Simply put, Journy’s recommendations blew theirs out of the water…plus, the process is super smooth and easy!
Talk to a UK Expert for free
How can Journy help you?
Schedule a call to get advice on where to go in UK and how long to spend in each place.